Simplylife Bakery Cafe

|

Address:
L2-42, Festival Walk, 80 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong


Phone: 2265-7418


I've been having cravings for chocolate dipped croissant ever since I had one at this bakery cafe in Festival Walk mall in Kowloon Tong! The chocolate was bitter sweet and the croissant was buttery and soft. I am picky when it comes to bread and pastries; I love my bread to be warm and soft, and the pastries need to have subtle flavor and must not be too sweet. This one was perfect!
Gan: I'm not really a big fan of bakeries or pastries.. Doughs just isn't my favorite form of carb. That all changed during our last trip to Paris. Having croissant with some home made orange jelly at Laduree was one of best pleasures I've had with food. The problem with that is it made me into a much more fussy bread eater. The chocolate crossaint that Sarah had was by no means badly made but it's definitely not as buttery or flaky/crispy (not enough layers enough in the dough rolling process) as I'd like. The chocolate dip is unique and quite nicely done though.
Simplylife is a bit confused; unlike its namesake, the concept can be a bit complicated. Outdoor (well, still indoor of a mall in Kowloon Tong) al fresco bakery mixed with indoor cafe that sells Italian food. We ended up here during tea time so we only tried out some pastries while we rest our feet. One aspect of the simplylife though is it does have a very nice outdoor setting in the mall - peaceful, right underneath a skylight which makes it feel like we're in a glass house.

Simplylife Bakery Cafe



White chocolate cheesecake
Gan: I had this but couldn't finish it


Peach danish
Gan: The crust was good and interesting. The inner part of the danish/tart should have been more moist. Peach wasn't that flavorful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment